Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lemon Cream Tarts Share Tags: dessert I love lemon flavored desserts. My favorite being Lemon Meringue pie. So my original inspiration came from my Lemon Meringue pie recipe. I wanted to simplify my recipe and make it a little easier to serve when I had informal get togethers. The first time I made these I made them without the cream cheese and they just seemed to be missing something. Than I saw Paula Deen talking about the Real Women of Philadelphia competition and I thought that's it, they need cream cheese. Let me tell ya they were good before I added the Philadelphia cream cheese but after I added it, the cream cheese made them to die for. Prep time: 55 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 60 minutes | Servings: 48 1 packages plain gelatine
3/4 cup(s) of sugar
1 cup(s) of water
1/3 cup(s) of lemon juice
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp. of fresh grated lemon peel
8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
12 ounce(s) of Cool Whip
1/4 cup(s) of sugar
2 large boxes of phyllo tart shells
Steps
In a sauce pan add 1 package of plain gelatine, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup of water, 1/3 cup lemon juice, and two egg yolks.
Cook this on medium high for five minutes or until all of the gelatine is dissolved.
Tip: It is important to continually whisk so it does not scorch on the bottom.
After all of the gelatine is dissolved add 1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh grated lemon peel. Whisk until all of the lemon peel is blended in.
Than poor the lemon mixture into a small bowl.
Take a larger bowl and fill it with ice.
Place the small bowl with the lemon filling in it inside the larger bowl with ice.
Put this in the freezer for about 30 minutes, until the lemon mixture starts to thicken.
After the lemon filling is thickened, take it out of the freezer.
With a mixer cream 8 ounces of Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese, 12 ounces of cool whip, and a 1/4 of a cup of sugar.
Mix this until all of the cream cheese is blended in and there are no lumps.
Now mix the lemon filling into the cream cheese mixture until blended.
Spoon the lemon and cream cheese mixture into the phyllo tart shells.
Tip: If you are not going to serve the tarts right away, place them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment