Sunday, January 20, 2013

Homemade Curry Powder



 I had decided to make broccoli cheedar soup and found out very quickly, I was out of Curry Powder..

This do not surprise me in the least.Because I rarely use this spice.. 

 Honestly, I really don't care for this spice too much either..

But, I know my soup will not be delicious without this missing spice.So here's what I did.. I made my own homemade version with the necessary spices already in my cupboard..
                
            
       Let's Create Homemade Curry Powder


          In Greek: kari, κάρι, pronounced KAH-ree


  1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander Seeds
  1/2 teaspoon Ground Mustard Seeds
  1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin Seeds
  1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
  1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
  1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
  
   Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix  
   thoroughly. 
   Transfer to an airtight jar and store in a  cool   
   place. 
   Uses for Curry Powder
   Fish, Lamb, Chicken, Some Salads, Lentil Soup,
   Stews and other Far Eastern dishes...    
  
         Saving money one spice at a time!
                  Because Food Matters!

       





No comments:

Post a Comment