Wednesday, August 3, 2011
2 cups of GF Bread Crumbs
1 tbsp. melted butter
6 Large Eggs
1 cup Whole milk
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 cup Sharp Cheddar shredded
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
Black pepper to taste
6 Zucchini Blossoms
1. Cut bread into large cubes and lightly coat with melted butter, season with garlic, onion, and pepper and place in a 350 degree oven to toast.
2. Place Toasted bread in the bottom of a baking dish (or 9" springform pan)
3. Lightly beat eggs, add milk, greek yogurt , grated romano and black pepper and mix together until well blended.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheddarover the bread.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes to allow bread to soak up the egg mixture.
6. If your using zucchini blossoms place them on top of the mixture and just press down into the egg lightly to cover them. (they may float back up its ok)
7. Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg mixture is fully cooked in the center.
(you may need to cover the with aluminum foil if the top is getting too dark)
8. Allow Strata too rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing, so it sets up well.
9. Cut into squares or remove from the springform pan , slice and serve at room temperature.
Strata is such a versatile and fun dish to make for friends and family, serve it as a late supper with a salad or at a brunch.
Posted by Trish Banus