Thursday, May 27, 2010

Friends Helping Friends ..Nourishing Consciousness
Wendy's book launch "Your Life Your Destiny" is Dec 11th.

Please join us for our 11 Days of Consciousness

11 day cleanse: 11 days of “Conscious eating”
11 days of eating pure and healthy
11 days of yoga
11 days of prayer and mediation designed to go hand in hand with this program.



When I am feeling a bit on the plump side I know I need to stock my refrigerator with ready made foods that will fill my slender waistline. "Thoughts become things, so choose the good ones". Less is more! Flavor is a big part of satisfaction for me. I need something that is going to dance on my palate and before I eat it, it has to visually excite me. So with those things in mind I share this calcium rich vegetable salad.

FIESTA VEGETABLE SALAD WITH TAHINI CITRUS DRESSING

½ cup each or select a few, chopped, sliced, grated or diced (your favorites)
Yellow /Green Squash
Cucumber/ Tomato/ Broccoli
Celery/ Green Onion/ Green / Yellow Beans/ Cauliflower/ Carrot /Artichoke

Parsley & Herbs /Variety Sprouts/ Bell Peppers
Dandelion, Watercress or other Leafy Greens

Prepare 2 cups cooked Brown Rice that has been soaked for 4 hours before cooking.
2 cups cooked Garbanzo Beans

Mix together all the above ingredients and add to salad some or all of the following:
½ c. each Toasted Sunflower Seeds, Toasted Almonds
½ c. each Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Dried Fruits

Make tahini dressing. Can be kept in refrigerator for a few days. Keep dressing and salad separate. Mix the amount of salad and dressing as you are ready to enjoy.

Tahini Citrus Dressing (can keep refrigerated for 4-6 days)
Combine ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
½ c. tahini (sesame paste found in Whole Foods Market)
2 T. fresh peeled ginger
½ c. water
½ c. citrus juice, lime, lemon and orange
2 cloves garlic ½ t. cumin
3 green onions ¼ c. parsley
Sea salt to taste
2 T. agave nectar

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment