Thursday, May 27, 2010

FIESTA VEGETABLE SALAD WITH
TAHINI CITRUS DRESSING

When I am feeling a bit on the plump side I know I need to stock my refrigerator with ready made foods that will fill the bill. Less is more! Flavor is a big part of satisfaction for me. I need something that is going to dance on my palate and before I eat it, it has to visually excite me. So with those things in mind I share this calcium rich vegetable salad.

FIESTA VEGETABLE SALAD

½ cup each or select a few, chopped, sliced, grated or diced
Yellow /Green Squash
Cucumber Tomato Broccoli
Celery Green Onion Green / Yellow Beans
Cauliflower Carrot Artichoke
Parsley & Herbs Variety Sprouts Bell Peppers
Add 1 bunch each chopped Dandelion, Watercress or other Leafy Greens

Prepare 2 cups cooked Brown Rice that has been soaked for 4 hours before cooking.

2 cups cooked Garbanzo Beans

Mix together all the above ingredients and add to salad some or all of the following:

½ c. each Toasted Sunflower Seeds, Toasted Almonds
½ c. each Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Dried Fruits (no cranberry)

Combine all ingredients. Make tahini dressing. Can be kept in refrigerator for a few days. Keep separate. Mix the amount of salad and dressing as you are ready to enjoy.

Tahini Citrus Dressing (can keep refrigerated for 4-6 days)

Combine ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.

½ c. tahini
2 T. fresh peeled ginger
½ c. water
½ c. citrus juice, lime, lemon and orange
2 cloves garlic ½ t. cumin
3 green onions ¼ c. parsley
Sea salt to taste
2 T. brown sugar

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment