Friday, May 28, 2010

Apple Cream Cheese Crisp Share Tags: dessert While searching for my final recipe (sniff,sniff) I thought of all sorts of desserts. I wanted this to be special so I thought of my favorite desserts. Anything with apples is usually a winner in my book. So I thought of apple crisp and I knew that Philly Cream Cheese could only make something that's already Heavenly, even more Heavenly! So I chose to incorporate the cream cheese in the crust and it turned out to be a thick, crispy, airy type of crust that made my home-canned apples just beam with happiness!! ENJOY! Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes | Servings: 9 2 cup(s) of Cooked Apples
1/2 cup(s) of sugar
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 THE CRUST
4 ounce(s) of Philly Cream Cheese, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. of vanilla flavoring
1 cup(s) of self-rising flour
1/2 cup(s) of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup(s) of dry oats (quick or old fashion works)
1/2 stick cold butter, cut into cubes
Steps
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8x8 baking dish.
Mix the apples, sugar & cinnamon until well blended.
Pour into baking dish.
Mix cream cheese, vanilla & egg until well blended.
Add flour, brown sugar & oats and stir until mixed well. (This will be sticky)
Using a tablespoon, spoon dallops of the crust on top of the apples.
Spread out some, in order to coat the top well.
Take the butter cubes and place on top of the crust.
Place in oven and after about 3 minutes, take out and spread melted butter over the top of the crust.
Place back in oven and continue baking for about 25 minutes.
If top is not browning well, turn oven to broil for about 3 minutes.
Serve warm & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment