Thursday, March 28, 2013

How to Make a Super Simple Vintage Easter Apron!

                         My Little Vintage Easter Creation! 

         Okay! For all of those who have been
    wanting to see what I made today.
    Here it is! My Vinage Little Apron.
    
   What I liked most about making this apron 
   is that I was able to basically repurpose it into  
   what I wanted it to be..  
                  
                Below are my little secrets!
  
   Take a Vintage Pillow Case, with the theme of 
   statement you are trying to make or would like it  
   to be related too. For instance since, I wanted an 
   Easter Theme, I decided to seek out Bunnies...
   
   Fortunately, I didn't have to search very long or 
   far to find exactly what I was looking for.. 
   
   Our local Flea Market had the perfect pillowcase 
   that I looking for.. 

           Next, It's time to start brain storming.
  
* Begin thinking about colors and textures..

* Check out you stash of old material,thrift shop  
   finds,maybe lace from an old dress or anything   
   else that may be a potential option. 

* Next begin bring all your thoughts together.

* I started from the bottom of my apron and just 
  started adding (sewing ) stripes of material  
  while worked my way to the top.

* Next, I cut stripes of material. ( Make them ever 
   how wide you want..
   This is your creation..Have Fun..
   Now, Sew each stripe to the next stripe together       I started at the bottom of my apron and worked 
   my way up.
   Once, I arrived at the top of my apron
   I made a waist band and sewed it to the top of  
   the  waist.
  
* Next I made some binding..The color and design 
   that I found most appealing and liked alot.

   Then I sewed the binding to  the sides of my
   apron.
* Then I made some tie strings to add to each side 
   of my apron.
   This was of course, so I could keep it on..
 
            "Viloa" There you have it!
      My little secrets for  
     making  a simple vintage apron..

                    Branch out!
    Think out of the box and a 
    create a wonderful handmade one of a kind 
    project that you will cherish for years to come.

    Life is all about making memories..!
   
    Let's get Creative..! Have fun doing it!
    
    Bless someone with an apron who will 
    truly appreciate it.. 
       
    Easter Blessings to you my friend!
     
    I pray that you will have a Wonderful Easter and 
    don't forget we forgive because we
    have been forgiven by the Greatest force of the 
    Universe..
                   Jesus Christ himself...
    
    I pray that you know him and have a relationship
     with him.
 
    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his 
    only begotten son, that whosoever, believe
    in him, should not perish but have everlasting 
    lasting life...     

No comments:

Post a Comment