These basic quesadillas come together quickly and adapt well to many variations.
Add salsa, sautéed onions or peppers and diced red or white onion, if you like.
Serve with a green salad for dinner or alone as a hearty after-school snack.
- 2 (8-inch) Gluten Free Tortilla Shells
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and drained black beans
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- Create it!
- Set a heavy skillet over medium heat. When hot, add a tortilla and warm. Flip tortilla. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over tortilla. Lightly cover cheese with half of the beans and cilantro. Top with a second tortilla. Flip and warm on the second side. When beans are hot and cheese is melted, slide quesadilla onto a cutting board and slice into four wedges.
- Because Food Matters!Make it! Eat it! Love it!