Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Apple Carrot Pomegranate Juice
 
 I got up this morning and thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice to add an additional juice to my morning apple carrot juice."
So, I peered  into my fruit basket .What else was in it, that would
pair up well with my apples and carrots?

Yes, a nice Pomegranate was sitting their looking like the perfect
candidate for a new taste of the day healthy juice..

 Besides for  Rosh Hashanah, as part of the blessing a  new fruit 
 that just come into season are shared.
  
Usually pomegranates are chosen as this “new fruit” because of their layered symbolism and meaning in the Jewish religion. 

Pomegranates are mentioned several times in the Torah; it is said that each pomegranate contains 613 seeds, corresponding to the 613 mitzvot (or commandments) found in the Torah. 

There you have it!

 Adding the pomegranate to our apple carrot juice can serve as a 
reminder to all of us; that in this new year, our good deeds should be as plentiful as the fertile seeds of this beautiful fruit.
Blessings to you! 


Enjoy Apple Carrot Pomegranate Juice


 Because Food Matters! Make it, Drink it, Love it!