|Salty Carmel Baked Apples with Spices, Nuts & Whipped Topping!|
Why not make & bake this apple treat!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Dash of Nutmeg
2 tablespoons ground pecans
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon chopped dried cranberries
1 tablespoon chopped dried dates
1/2 Lemon or 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
Optional: Add one Carmel Candy to each cored apple
Serve with Carmel Sauce & Whipped Topping
* Place cored apples in a glass 8" x 8 " baking dish
* Stuff ground pecans evenly divided into apples
* In a small bowl, add spices, walnuts, cranberries and dates..Combine well.
Evenly divide among cored apple centers to stuff
* Drizzle each apple with 2 teaspoonfuls of lemon juice
* Place in Preheated 400 degrees oven.Bake One Hour
* Remove from oven allow to cool a few minutes.
* Top with Carmel Sauce,whipped topping and serve!
Note: If you chose to use Granny Smith Apples
Reduce baking time to 45 minuteswww. ifoodtv.com