Friday, May 7, 2010

Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Guava Ice Cream Share Tags: dessert I created this recipe just for this competition and I am so happy that I did. I love to make ice creams, since I can control everything that goes into them. Ever since my son was diagnosed with Diabetes, it's very important for me to make sure he eats correctly, while still being a kid. This ice cream has been my biggest success and I am very proud of it, since my main inspiration for the combination of flavors stem from my herritage. I even think the two flavors would be a great Philadelphia Cream Cheese flavor. Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes | Servings: 6 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Original flavor
1 cup(s) of 2% milk
3/4 cup(s) of extra fine sugar
1/2 cup(s) of heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup(s) of guava marmalade
1/8 tsp. of salt
1/8 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
4 guava shells, diced
10 cuban crackers, butter flavor
2 tbsp. of extra fine sugar
4 tbsp. of butter, unsalted
Steps
You will need an ice cream maker and a blender for this recipe.
Turn the oven on at 350 degrees.
Place the Philly cream cheese, milk, cream, 3/4 cup sugar, marmalade, salt and vanilla in the blender.
Add the butter and the sugar to the crackers until well combined.
Place them in the oven for 8 minutes. Let them cool before removing them from the tins.
When the ice cream is complete, you can eat immediately or place in the freezer until ready to eat.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment